I hope you all had a nice weekend and your day is going on well? I missed posting yesterday, but I am giving my nails some time to breath, so i'll be back soon with the regular Monday manicure.
So as promised , I am starting off my Lipstick Series today with my Red collection. I love red lips, I can wear it anytime, whether during the day or at night.
For me red lips say: Bold, Classic and Sophisticated. No matter your skin tone, there is a red lipstick that would suit you well, you just have to find it.
Now here is a list of my red collection and how they finish off on the lips...
1. Tara matte lip color - Jemila - soft matte finish.
2. Mac Ruby Woo- Matte finish and very dry too.
3. Mac Russian Red- Soft matte finish. Personally, I prefer Russian red to ruby woo.
4. NYX Perfect Red- soft matte finish
5. NYX Pure Red. Sightly different from perfect red, as it has a tiny bit of orange undertone- soft matte finish
6. Wet n Wild -Red Velvet- semi matte finish
7. Fabulosity- Cheerful- soft moisturizing finish
8. Sleek Flash a Pout- Forbidden- applies as liquid, but has an extremely dry matte finish. You MUST moisturize your lips prior to application.
9. L.A Girl Lip Glaze- Pin up- liquid, with a glossy finish
10. Kat Von D everlasting liquid lipstick- Outlaw- applies as liquid but dries to a matte finish.
My Top 3:
In 3rd place: Mac Russian Red- I love how soft it feels when applied to the lips, it doesn't dry out my lips at all.
In 2nd place: NYX Perfect Red- Believe me when I say this, but this is the best red lipstick I have ever used, well before I discovered number 1. It also applies very soft on my lips, doesn't dry out and stays on for long.
In First place: Drum rolls please!!!!
Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Outlaw. The name says it all. It applies as a liquid then dries to the finest matte finish ever. It is truly long lasting, ever after drinking and eating, it won't go anywhere. I love it.
So there you have it people, my first in the Lipstick series. I'll be back next week Tuesday for the second edition, so look out for that.
Have you tried any of these lipsticks or any other? Which red lipstick is your favourite?